My name is Isaac Levinsky and I have a chronic illlness, Crohn’s Disease. I chose a picture of the universe to remind us all that we are part of something greater than ourselves! Please visit my blog/website to learn: Link to personal blog/website – please visit: https://crohnscolitishelp.com
You must live in the moment and be kind to yourself!
“Look up to the sky with wonder – I do! Asking the Universe “Why Me?” does not help so instead I focus on the fact that no matter how big my health problem is, the Universe is so much larger than I am! This gives a better perspective on life – to not allow myself to “be” my disease.Isaac Levinsky
Writing about my health problems for the first time has been challenging and also inspiring. I believe that by sharing about my own strategies, difficulties, and life lessons I will help other people learn about Crohn’s Disease and how to live a positive life despite illness. It is easy to be misunderstood when I tell someone “I do not feel good”, so here is easy to understand information about what it means! Please read on.. to learn about the symptoms.
- Link to Mayo Clinic Information on Crohn’s Disease.
- Here is some basic information on what my Chronic Illness involves:
- In Crohn’s and any auto-immune disease our own immune system attacks our own body – with Crohn’s Disease – the digestive tract.
- This attack on self by the immune system involves inflammation, pain, scar tissue, bleeding, ulcers, diarrhea, and narrowing of the intestine, and often surgery.
- Surgery causes pain but is sometimes necessary – I am a surgery survivor!
- Medical treatment aims to suppress the immune system via strong medication like Humira, prednisone, and also chemotherapy drugs like Methotrexate.
- When I write about Crohn’s Disease and living a full life with a Chronic Illness – I have been to the front lines – trust me. 🙂
Thanks! – Isaac Levinsky